LEAD: THE TIME

This is your time to lead; to take control of your life. This is the time to rise up and be counted. Welcome to my world of great leadership.

Thursday 11 December 2014

WHEN GOOD IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Many a book shares the steps to success, going into great detail when describing the type of habits one ought to have in order to be successful. We go to many motivational and leadership seminars that teach us to have self believe, confidence and a great attitude towards life. We are told that  what is important in life is how we respond to the curve balls life directs our way... That if life serves us lemons then we should make lemonade.

While I value and appreciate these teachings; continually applying the principles in my own life and teaching other people to do the same- I somehow find myself questioning my own abilities today.  I understand and acknowledge that life does not owe us a thing, nor does anyone we meet or work for. However, what I do know is that being good at what you do may not always be good enough to the next person. This sadly, is the raw truth.

I stand in front of the mirror every morning, reminding myself that greatness requires hard work and drive. I set daily targets, putting plans and strategies in place in order to achieve the targets. I exercise regularly to keep my energy levels high. I read books that uplift me and engage with people who are a positive influence, but today I sit in the parking lot of the local mall asking myself if I am good enough.  I do not make it a habit of playing the victim nor do I enjoy wallowing in self pity. However, the more I thought about this question, the more confused I got.

So I ask you my friends, what does it take for someone to feel like they are good enough? To what extend must one go in order to prove they have what it takes , in order for others to acknowledge their efforts? How much more should one invest and sacrifice to convince himself/herself  that they are in fact great?

I sit in this parking, with many thoughts and questions going through my mind. The more I try to rationalize based on my reality, the deeper I sink into the darkness.

I ask you again my friends... When is good, good enough?


No comments:

Post a Comment