LEAD: THE TIME

This is your time to lead; to take control of your life. This is the time to rise up and be counted. Welcome to my world of great leadership.

Tuesday 22 April 2014

WHAT GETS YOU EXCITED?

It is so easy to fall into a pattern that is comfortable and very secure- doing the things we know we can do well or visiting the same places each time. Many of us find trying new things so daunting that we are terrified by just the thought. We become so comfort with what we are used to, that sometimes we get stuck in the same place, doing the same thing for a long time.

I began 2014, hungry with passion to try new things- something that would challenge my regular and safe routine. Well off course I had my doubts: in fact I still do-but I decided to take a leap of faith and try it. "What's the worst that could happen? " I keep asking myself. So I went ahead and took that step.

I decided to start cycling( commencement date 1st May 2014). I then went out and bought an affordable beginners bicycle- we all have to start somewhere right? As I rushed to the car, eager to get home to assemble my new acquisition, I felt a new sense of life rise within me- a new level of energy propelling me to go out and try something new. I spent my Sunday putting the bicycle together, calling people who I thought would be interested to join me- eager to test drive the bike.

So often in life we forget how something a little different from our norm can awaken a renewed spirit within our lives. How this can release the kind of energy that we so desperately need to change our situations at work and home. It is often so interesting to see people transform their lives by simply trying something a little different-be it cycling, running or joining the gym and how this improves their lives.

I constantly challenge myself to do one thing that unleashes the "Tk craziness" in hope of maintaining my levels of self motivations high. And it's truly amazing to see how something as minor as deciding to start cycling can get me so excited- so driven to make it a success.

That being said, I cannot help but wonder: If we all found something this small to get excited about, wouldn't  it ultimately get us excited about making our careers and personal lives that more successful?

My question to you is, what gets you EXCITED about your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment